South Lyon Community Schools is a Schools of Choice district. Under Schools of Choice Section 105, South Lyon Community Schools may enroll students from another school district within Oakland County providing the student meets the application guidelines. Schools of Choice Section 105c, allows South Lyon Community Schools to enroll students from school districts outside of Oakland County in a contiguous Intermediate School District (ISD) such as Genesee, Lapeer, Livingston, Macomb, Washtenaw & Wayne Counties providing the student meets the application guidelines
Application Procedure (Application in link at bottom of the page)
1. Unlimited applications are being accepted for Junior Kindergarten through 9th grade from April 13-September 3, 2020.
Available schools are: Please Note: Not all buildings will have space in all grades.
Elementary: Bartlett Kent Lake Pearson Sayre (Start/End Time—8:15am-3:18pm)
Brummer Dolsen Salem (Start/End Time—8:57am-4:00pm)
Middle School: Millennium (Start/End Time—7:35am-2:28pm)
High School: South Lyon East (Start/End Time—7:20am-2:13pm)
2. All applications will be screened for accurate information. This may involve contacting the former school or school district.
3. You may specify your choice of buildings, however the district cannot guarantee that your child will be
placed in the requested building.
4. You will be notified of the status of your request by mail, email or phone call no later than Sept. 8, 2020.
5. Your acceptance is conditional until South Lyon Community Schools receives and reviews all school reports.
6. Once accepted, students may remain in South Lyon Community Schools until graduation if the student
complies with all guidelines for schools of choice.
Parents of schools of choice students must provide transportation to and from school. No exceptions.
Application Deadline: September 3, 2020
Acceptance Notification: no later than September 8, 2020
Student Enrollment Deadline: September 11, 2020 (If enrollment is not completed by this date, your child’s space will be forfeited.)
Special Education - Section 105C (students from a contiguous county ISD)
The district must have a separate written agreement with the student’s district of residence regarding the responsibility of payment of added costs prior to enrollment under Section 105C.
Please see Guidelines below for additional information regarding Athletics, Attendance Expectations, Student Code of Conduct and Redistricting.
Non-Resident School of Choice Guidelines
Non-Resident School of Choice Application
For questions, please contact Jean Hanka at (248) 573-8134 ext. 2028 or firstname.lastname@example.org