- 2020-21 Junior Kindergarten /Kindergarten Packet - AVAILABLE IN JANUARY
- School of Choice Information - AVAILABLE IN JANUARY
INFORMATION ABOUT KINDERGARTEN AND JUNIOR KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION:
Kindergarten registrations will be held at all elementary schools in the school cafeteria on
Thursday, January 30, 2020 at 7:00 PM.
Registration packets will be available at the registration event and will also be available to download from the district’s website in late January.
If you have further questions specific to Junior Kindergarten or would like to enroll in Junior Kindergarten, we are hosting a registration event for Junior Kindergarten at Sayre Elementary School in the cafeteria on Thursday, January 30, 2020 at 5:30 p.m.
For planning and staffing purposes, it is important to the district that families register students for kindergarten starting January 30, 2020. Registrations for incoming kindergarten students continue to be accepted throughout the spring and summer, however, it is preferred that current residents register their child by the end of February.
The deadline for Junior Kindergarten registrations is Friday, February 21, 2020 as space in the Junior Kindergarten program is limited. After this deadline, families can request to be added to a waitlist.
- To be eligible for Kindergarten, students must be 5 on or before September 1, 2020.
- Students turning 5 between September 2 and December 1 may enroll in either Junior Kindergarten or in Kindergarten with a signed waiver.
- Students who turn 5 after December 1, 2020 are NOT eligible for Kindergarten or Junior Kindergarten for the 2020-21 school year. Students in this group may be eligible for the Great Start Readiness free preschool program coordinated by the district’s Early Childhood Center, depending on your family’s income. Children in this age group can enroll in the tuition preschool programs at the Early Childhood Center as well. Call the Early Childhood Center at 248-573-8330 or visit their page on the district website for additional information.
If you have any questions, please call one of the elementary schools, the CITA Department or Pupil Services at 248-573-8134.