Gather Required Enrollment Documentation
The following documentation must be provided by the parent/guardian at the time of enrollment.
1. Identification – Photo I.D., such as a driver’s license, state I.D., or passport of the parent/guardian.
2. Proof of Residency – Three current proofs; one from Column I and two from Column II, in the name and address of the parent/guardian. If your statements/bills are received online, the most recent statement/bill must be printed and a copy provided.
Property Tax Statement - (most recent)
Closing Papers—Accepted only if you’ve moved into your house within the past 30 days. Signed
Lease – Apartment/Home Rental—All tenants' and occupants' names, including lease beginning/ending dates, must be on lease. Lease must be signed by both landlord and tenant.
Utility Bill – Gas, electric, phone, etc.
Vehicle insurance document
Homeowners/renters insurance document
Cable TV Bill
Credit Card Statement
Medical bill or health insurance statement
If a birth certificate is not available, the parent/guardian must complete the birth certificate affidavit form and submit the documentary evidence called for therein. If such verification is not received within thirty (30) days of enrollment or the document appears to be inaccurate or suspicious, the principal shall notify the local law enforcement agency that the student may be a missing child. (Michigan Missing Children’s Act, MCL380.1135.)
4. Immunization Records - In order for a child to attend school, the Michigan Public Health code requires a parent/guardian to provide one of the following:
1. A valid, current immunization record
2. A medical doctor’s (MD/DO) signed State of Michigan Medical Contraindication Form
3. A current, certified State of Michigan Nonmedical Immunization Waiver Form issued by the local health department. For more information, go to www.oakgov.com/health or contact Nurse on Call (NOC) at 1-800-848-5533.
A valid, signed Disclosure of Immunization Information FERPA consent form should also be provided (in enrollment packet).
Up-to-date immunization records are required by law for all students. Any student whose parent/guardian fails to submit the required immunization information shall not be admitted into the school.
5. Vision Screening (kindergarten/junior kindergarten only) - Proof of a vision screening is required before the start of kindergarten/junior kindergarten.
-If custody has been established by the courts, a copy of the court order must be submitted.
-Step parents must provide a copy of the marriage certificate.
Click Here For the Next Step in the Enrollment Process